Health At Every Size®
Health At Every Size® Principles
- Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes (including your own!) rather than the pursuit of an idealized weight or shape.
- Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects.
- Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure rather than on external food plans or diets.
- Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss.
- Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes and an end to weight bias. A recognition that body shape, size and/or weight are not evidence of any particular way of eating, level of physical activity, personality, psychological issue or moral character; confirmation that there is beauty and worth in EVERY body.
Written and Developed by members of ASDAH (Association for Size Diversity and Health), the San Francisco Bay Area HAESSM Think Tank & others.
"Health At Every Size is a registered trademark of the Association for Size Diversity and Health and used with permission.”